Know anyone who might be interested in this design leadership position in Concord MA? Read on and then shoot me an email at Rob@bestofbreedbranding,com
The role of the Packaging Graphics person is to lead the development and execution of the packaging graphics process and projects. This role will demonstrate strong leadership within the organization to develop and implement a streamlined go-to-market process for packaging graphics, working closely with cross functional partners including brand teams, supply chain, legal and regulatory. S/he will manage agencies to develop comprehensive scopes of work, and deliver outstanding creative time and on-budget. This position will also be responsible for working closely with agency partners to lead the implementation of a digital asset management system and process. Additionally, s/he will manage all aspects of graphics logistics including: print feasibility, cross functional approvals, pre-press, printing, and detailed budget reporting. This position will ensure executional excellence throughout the entire go-to market process. This position requires a highly motivated self-directed person.
1. Create and implement universal standard packaging brief process.
2. Create and manage Digital Asset Management system critical for retailer integration and sales use.
3. Lead cross functional team through the implementation and continued execution of packaging best practices
4. Take the lead role in developing plans to address changes in packaging/label design such as GMO’s and new nutritional labeling requirements. Lead and facilitate the cross-functional discussions to ensure we come the most effective recommendations for the organization.
5. Manage and facilitate branding and color standards for packaging across platforms.
6. Manage the development of packaging graphics in partnership with the brand to ensure agreement on the brief; manage agencies to provide outstanding on-brief creative, and timeline management.
7. Work closely with packaging graphic agencies to negotiate and manage costs of projects. Direct management and responsibility of agency SOW and deliverables.
8. Ensure packaging graphics obtain all necessary approvals; from brand, marketing leadership, legal and regulatory R&D. Lead and manage the introduction of electronic routing and approval software.
9. Manage the execution and preparation of final packaging graphics with separators and printers; ensuring delivery on time and on budget. Working closely with cross functional team members.
10. Manage approvals all final packaging graphic color proofs to ensure excellent production. Attend press runs when appropriate
11. Manage development and delivery of sales samples of new packaging items with sales sample vendor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Experience driving a cross-functional packaging graphics process.
• Experience in integrated marketing environment.
• Ability to use an external lens to the external competitive marketplace and trends and translate those insights into action.
• Strong functional skills and knowledge in creative development and printing.
• Proven agency/vendor management skills including negotiating contracts.
• Strong project management skills with a focus on delivery of multiple projects.
• Attention to design detail.
• Proven proactive problem solving that balances risk and results.
• Ability to create and develop new processes in ever-changing environment.
• Track record in personal initiative, as well as creativity – must be a team player.
• Must communicate and influence effectively across all levels of management.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required
• 7+ years of experience in marketing/graphics environment – CPG experience preferred
• Design and printing experience.
• Agency experience preferred.
Welch’s is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M / F/ D/ V